Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Juice all the veggies!

 
A silly start to this blog: Juice all the veggies! I was chopping the veggies and fruits this morning to feed into the juicer to make my sweet nectar of life and it occurred to me, we need to juice more veg! My concoction this morning consisted of beet, kale, parsley, apple, celery, carrot, ginger and lemon. It was delicious and full of super foods! What is your go-to juice? Do you go for taste, nutrients or both? 

Welcome to this new blog, "Healing Potager" my goal with this blog is to talk about my journey to good health and fitness through proper nutrition, exercise and meditation. A potager is a French term for a vegetable or kitchen garden. My garden was, to put it mildly, a big fail this past year and I want to do better and grow more next season. So I'm starting to plan now. I want not only to grow vegetables to feed myself, my kids and others, but also to heal: to go herbs and vegetables that can be medicinal. I believe that the greatest medicine we have is food. I want to heal myself and others through food and good nutrition.

Stay tuned for more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment